september '00 comments
Corpses that think and feel for only themselves... Republicans? Since when did large scale mortal politics become part of the city's agenda?
... - Saturday, September 30, 2000 at 00:57:48 (EDT)
The corpses that think and feel only for themselves are the only ones that will fear for the mockery they call life.
The Foul One
- Friday, September 29, 2000 at 17:47:11 (EDT)
Your all going to be getting the greatest shock ever. Very, very soon.
- Thursday, September 28, 2000 at 16:29:22 (EDT)
Is the game going multi-genre again?
- Thursday, September 28, 2000 at 15:14:01 (EDT)
((IC)) the situation in the graveyard is beginning to draw to a close. I have managed to converse in a peacefull manner with the spirit and some of us in the city are working on bringing things to a peacefull conclusion. I would urge our fine prince to considder anyone violating the "off limits" area surrounding the graveyard to be an act of hostility to the entire city and hand out punishment accordingly. -Lazarus
Jason Tatseos (aka Lazarus aka Damn Tremere) <>
- Thursday, September 28, 2000 at 09:36:07 (EDT)
YES!!! After too long an absence I am back on the net. E-Mail is below. Thanks for noticing.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2000 at 18:13:10 (EDT)
Cassius, please see your mother about the oubursts in our gathering place, and the threat that you've just posted here. Oh, and Cassius? Do grow up.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2000 at 13:40:00 (EDT)
First off it's Cassius. Secondly I've done nothing, I ould, however, do something. Which would you prefer? The way things are? Or haveing things shaken up abit? I prefer the latter.
- Monday, September 25, 2000 at 17:32:39 (EDT)
Demise? This is the first i've heard of it... something the matter i should know about? and to our friendly 'Followers' im not too happy with the actions of Casious you may want to be speaking to him before i do.
- Monday, September 25, 2000 at 17:10:35 (EDT)
Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.
- Monday, September 25, 2000 at 13:08:14 (EDT)
Let's see if this works...
ST John - Saturday, September 23, 2000 at 13:26:06 (EDT)
If it rains this weekend, I'll probably show up(groans from the masses, I know). Could someone E-mail me with what the game is in short supply of, please? Thanks.
- Friday, September 22, 2000 at 16:05:23 (EDT)
A reminder I have 2nd edition(vampire) stuff that is out of print if anyone would like to purchase it.
- Wednesday, September 20, 2000 at 16:38:47 (EDT)
Skippy, the commitee for a dancing skippy has voted unanimously that you will wear a monkey suit. Also, please turn over your free will as soon as is convinient, it seems to have escaped again. thank you.
the commitee for a dancing skippy - Tuesday, September 19, 2000 at 18:54:58 (EDT)
Sure Dave (Skippah)! and I'm not Asian!!!
- Tuesday, September 19, 2000 at 00:09:42 (EDT)
I am NOT wearing a monkey suit.
Dave Crampton <>
- Sunday, September 17, 2000 at 15:52:55 (EDT)
Monkah Skippah!..bet i could get a suit cheep...lol..
Cher-e - Wednesday, September 13, 2000 at 16:03:52 (EDT)
I would suggest guns as a way to increase recruitment. That or making skippy wear a monkey outfit and dance outside of fortress. The former has style, but the latter is fun for all....go with your hearts on this one folks.
John the pirate - Wednesday, September 13, 2000 at 00:39:37 (EDT)
Hey, Skippy, no hookers?
Jeffrey H. Cherkinsky
- Tuesday, September 12, 2000 at 15:23:32 (EDT)
I've got an entire case of "Skippy" brand dog food. If anyone has a dog and wants it, please let me know. Heh.
Dave Crampton <>
- Tuesday, September 12, 2000 at 12:43:35 (EDT)
Have we got any good ideas for recruiting new players? I was just wondering how you guys would feel if we could get Eric to let us use the Fortress for a vampire blood drive or a werewolf pet adoption day from the humane society. Havn't talked to any one yet on the matter but I figured I would check to see if there was any intrest in it first. Maybe if the story tellers think it is a good idea and they wish to encourage it we could get an experince award. If you are at all intrested speak up. I'm going to run the idea past Eric today if possible and see what he thinks.
- Tuesday, September 12, 2000 at 09:11:48 (EDT)
I assume there's a game since you've had postings this month. I'm interested in a Cam game but it doesnt look like you're associated with OWBN or Camarilla. Is this a Sabbat game or not quite that official? Further, if your game has been going on for ...3yrs?... it appears there was a problem greeting new players? Isnt that what the Keeper of Elysium is for? Lots of questions and I live in Grand Rapids. Desperate for some gaming. I may not monitor your site for a while so oif someone would be so kind....? email me at email@example.com. Thanks, john
- Saturday, September 09, 2000 at 00:15:37 (EDT)
I'M COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *laughter*
Bramik Sergei Dimestikov 3rd <>
- Friday, September 08, 2000 at 16:52:04 (EDT)
John's been busy movingnand what not, he's not even online at his new place so be patient.
- Thursday, September 07, 2000 at 15:50:09 (EDT)
Wilk? Where are you? *crickets chirping* Answer your cruckin' E-mail(Please)!!!
- Thursday, September 07, 2000 at 01:08:57 (EDT)
i will be arriving in town soon, prepare the red carpets and penguinz.
- Wednesday, September 06, 2000 at 22:58:19 (EDT)
Well, I should be returning. I won't be gone forever.
- Wednesday, September 06, 2000 at 21:24:22 (EDT)
Dave, I'm sorry you won't be coming to larp. You'll be missed.
Jeffrey H. Cherkinsky
- Wednesday, September 06, 2000 at 13:23:21 (EDT)
I may not be returning to larp for some time now.
- Monday, September 04, 2000 at 02:21:01 (EDT)
Well, as it seems my ruse is up. I'm not going to say I am sorry. For I am not. I wished you no harm and have caused no harm. Although I could be angry I am not, I know how your organization works. It' s different than mine. I just can't believe an organization of such statur, reputation and size of your's could be fooled by a snake like me. Maybe your not as inteligent as I though you may have been. But I still underesstemated you all. No harm no folly. Let's just leave it at that.
- Sunday, September 03, 2000 at 14:03:08 (EDT)
I was hopeing someone could tell me if we do have LARP this week cause of Labor Day Weekend
- Saturday, September 02, 2000 at 16:14:59 (EDT)
If anyone could tell me what happened at the Primogeon meeting las Sat. it would be helpful. If you could email me with the details I would be greatful.
- Saturday, September 02, 2000 at 00:55:24 (EDT)
Ok this is a reply to Pyle's post on recruiting new members. Obviously since the group doesn't have a lot of money here are my suggestions for advertising and promotion for the group. 1. Distribute flyers at all the Lansing/East Lansing game stores. (Fortress, Curious Comics, Capital City Comics)
2. Press releases and announcents sent to MSU access channels to get info into all the dorms and the dorm rooms.
3. Post flyers at as many university buildings, kiosks, bulletin boards. Stay out of the dorms as those flyers need prior approval by the University and generally only last about a week.
4. Chalking the sidewalks.
5. Also advertise with a flyer at any business that might help your group.....I'd suggest MSU theatre, area bookstores (Schullers and Barns&Noble).
6. Make sure your flyers are anywhere the other groups advertise.
7. Make sure you have contact and use word of mouth advertising whenever possible. Talk to groups of people with other similar interests...I'd suggest recruiting from threatre majors, writing majors, Green Spiral, SCA, Brass Dragon, etc.
8. Get interviewed or send a press release to MSU's newspaper. If you can get an article in the paper particularly with a photo then that's better than paying for advertising.
9. Now if you aren't worried about some bad press and think the group and withstand it you could create your own media sensation or controversy....just think if you could get people to think something really bizarre is going on....Vampires, blood cults, etc. That will definately get you some press!
10. I don't know if you this is still done but Dragon magazine used to post listing of game conventions across the state, you might try to advertise or get a listing of your group in White Wolf's magazine.
11. Getting White Wolf to promote your group somehow would be a BIG plus....might take some time and money but a long distance road trip to Atlanta, GA to storm the WW game headquarters might be interesting...."a group posing as the technocracy/garou/pentex kidnaps one of their staffers and takes them out to lunch all the time remaining in character then later decides they aren't one of them..."
12. Since this group has been around for 3 YEARS now, maybe it's time it formalized and became a non-profit group. You might qualify for a grant and then a thousand dollars or so might do some fantastic things for decorations, makeup kits, props, parties, and other social activities.
13. But the biggest thing that should be done right NOW is that a promotions/advertising person should be designated. This person could also serve as the welcome committee who greats new people and helps them feel welcome and works to get them into the game either by introducing them to the storytellers or helping them build their first character.
Because not only do you need to recruit new people you need to keep them.
Ok, have fun folks.
Kirk Taskila - Friday, September 01, 2000 at 14:13:23 (EDT)
Hi all. It's too hot, in Owosso. I think I shall just go melt in a corner!
- Friday, September 01, 2000 at 13:10:38 (EDT)
An idea for recruiting players may be to put an add into the State News.
- Friday, September 01, 2000 at 12:29:03 (EDT)
Other Comment Pages!
Back to the Mind's Eye Home!